Ageing is a natural part of life. Loss of elasticity in the bones and soft tissues can leave your body vulnerable to injuries that take longer to heal. Osteopathy can help improve your overall quality of life by reducing pain and stiffness associated with general wear and tear and increasing your mobility.
Whether the important things in your life are spending time with your grandchildren, exercising more freely or just being able to complete your day to day activities pain free, our aim is to improve your overall health so that you can enjoy life!
Common complaints associated with ageing include:
- General stiffness
- Swollen joints
- Lower back pain
- Hip and knee pain
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Poor balance and increased susceptibility to falls
Many people consider pain and discomfort to be an inevitable part of ageing without realising that many of their ailments can be helped by treatments that are safe, gentle and effective. Osteopathic treatment can be used to effectively manage specific discomfort arising from injuries and as preventative treatment to maintain general health and wellbeing.
Osteopathy may help:
- Improve overall and specific joint mobility (such as neck movements for driving; hand and wrist movements for writing, knitting and cooking; hip, shoulder and lower back range of motion for sport and exercise)
- Work on the surrounding muscles to help ease the stiffness and swelling associated with arthritis
- Rehabilitation and recovery from surgeries (including hip and knee replacements)
- Decrease muscle tension and increase blood flow to injured areas to relieve stiffness and swelling (including rotator cuff injuries, plantar fasciitis, disc injuries)
- Prescribe gentle exercises or stretches to increase strength and improve your balance
- Provide guidance on appropriate exercises or activities for your body
We use gentle, non-invasive techniques that are suitable for all ages and many different conditions. If you have any specific questions or would like to speak to one of our practitioners, please contact us.